This summer's efforts and last year's work to get the game back on are all being celebrated in a revised suite of Grassroots Cricket Awards, by which we will seek to recognise the fantastic efforts all across Wales.
To enter someone or even your own club, please complete the following by 5pm Wednesday 11th August:-
- Consider who is worthy of an award in cricket.
- Select an appropriate category from the below list
- Complete one of the relevant nominations form
The Wales winners will be entered into the England and Wales Cricket Board final stages of the the competition, formerly known as the 'OSCAs' (Outstanding Services to Cricket Awards).
1) Connecting Communities – A Club or community organisation which has gone above and beyond the call of cricket to support communities/groups coming into or back to the game we love. 1-connecting-communities-response-form-1459.docx
2) Inspired to Play – An Individual or group within your club or community organisation going above and beyond to open the game up to new audiences eg kids, women & girls, disabled participants or other under-represented groups in cricket 2-inspired-to-play-response-form-1460.docx
3) Rising Star Award – For our youngest volunteers, making a difference – aged 11 – 16-year-olds 3-rising-star--response-form-1461.docx
4) Game-Changer – Your leading young volunteer (17 – 25-year-old) making a difference in the game. 4-game-changer--response-form-1462.docx
5) Unsung hero – Those heroes who impact our game and help us make cricket happen. This could be ground staff, coaches, officials, umpires, or other volunteers. 5-unsung-hero-response-form-1463.docx
6) Growing the game – This must be a League volunteer, committee member, or administrator going above and beyond to support clubs and help increase the number of games in their competition(s). 6-growing-the-game-response-form-1464.docx
7) Lifetime Achiever – That one individual who has given many years of service to your club or community group you could not do without. 7-lifetime-achiever--response-form-1465.docx
8) Cricket Innovators – Someone who has brought new ideas and/or implemented new systems to improve your club or community group. 8-cricket-innovators-response-form-1466.docx
Completed nomination forms should be returned to [email protected] by 5pm on Wednesday 11th August. Wales winners will be notified w/c 16th August. ECB's National Awards take place later this year.