Safe Hands Management System
The introduction of the online Safe Hands Online Management System will strengthen our network and continue to make cricket a safe game for young people, their families and all those around them to enjoy.
This system will provide an online registration process whereby the ECB will require all cricket clubs to register the details of the club and individuals in key roles or those with responsibilities for the management and running of club activities.
Clubs will be asked to complete basic details about their club and who are the key personnel within it, providing evidence of safeguarding checks and compliance. It will then notify users if there are any current gaps in the requirements, together with highlighting individual’s renewal dates for the key criteria such as DBS checks and Safe Hands training,.
As part of the registration process, clubs will be required to demonstrate that they continue adhere to the following:
- All clubs must meet safeguarding standards.
- The club must adhere to the ECB Safe Hands Policy and Procedures.
- Each club must have a trained Club Welfare Officer.
- All adults who work with children at the club have must have current vetting and an ECB DBS check in place.
- All adults who work with children in cricket must have undertaken the appropriate ECB training. Details will be shared in due course.
We will also make it easier for those who need to have DBS checks, safeguarding training and other qualifications to access everything they need.
What this means for Clubs:
The online registration process will apply to both Clubmark and non-Clubmark clubs and we will roll out registration in a phased approach with three groups in the following order of priority
- Existing Clubmark accredited clubs
- Clubs with junior sections (including All Stars Cricket & Dynamos Cricket), and those clubs who allow juniors to play adult cricket.
- All remaining clubs
We will email clubs individually when registration is available. Where clubs have already given us some information, we will look to pre-populate the fields in order that you do not have to re-enter it.
We hope that you will find the safe hands management system as much a help to plan your club's workforce as much as ensuring compliance with the Safe Hands Policy