Safe Hands Training is a necessity for Club Safeguarding Officers.
We take our responsibility to provide Safe Hands training across Wales very seriously and will arrange courses as necessary across Wales.
Please see our Safe Hands face to face workshop dates, venues and booking links below. For further information on these courses please contact your League Safeguarding Officers, or the Cricket Wales Staffing Team.
Safe Hands face to face workshops in 2024:
February 4th, Sophia Gardens : 10.30-13.30 : Book Here
February 11th, Carmarthen Wanderers CC : 10.00-13.00 : Book Here
March 24th, St Asaph CC : 12.00-15.00 : Book Here
The Safeguarding Young Cricketers (SYC) course has been discontinued by the ECB (January 2023). This will be replaced by role-specific, FREE online courses.
NEW ELEARNING SAFEGUARDING COURSES ( Choose your preferred course to book onto via the links below )
SAFEGUARDING FOR COACHES AND ACTIVATORS
SAFEGUARDING FOR COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND CSO's
SAFGUARDING FOR UMPIRES AND SCORERS
SAFEGUARDING FOR CAPTAINS AND TEAM MANAGERS
In addition to a 30-minute Safeguarding for Specialist Roles module, there will be additional bolt-on modules, specific to Coaches & Activators, Captains and Team Managers, Umpires & Scorers and Committee Members and Club Safeguarding Officers. Certification is issued once both modules are completed.
March 2023 Update:-
- Withdrawal of the online SYC (Safeguarding Young Children) course, and its replacement – Safeguarding For Specialists
The ‘old’ SYC course has been updated and replaced by a new version. Previously this course was a mandatory requirement for the likes of Coaches & CSOs. However, the ECB have now opened up access to this course to everyone in the cricket network and are encouraging the wider Club membership to sit the course.
The main part of the course known as Safeguarding For Specialists accounts for 80% of the content, with 4 variants making up the remaining 20% catering for the likes of Committee Members, Scorers/Umpires, Captains & Team Managers
Please encourage your Club members to register by visiting the Cricket Wales website for more information &/or clicking on the links below.
If you have an up to date SYC Certificate there is no need to repeat this course until your current certificate expires.
Safeguarding for Coaches and Activators
COURSE LINK : https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/glqgpx/4W
Safeguarding for Committee Members & CSO's
COURSE LINK : https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/blqgpc/4W
Safeguarding for Umpires and Scorers
COURSE LINK : https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/plqgpr/4W
Safeguarding for Captains and Team Managers
COURSE LINK : https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/wlqgpv/4W
First Aid Training is being delivered once again. To book a course, please contact the Cricket Wales Staffing Team. External courses are accepted, but they must be an appropriate standard - at least a three hour delivery, provided face to face (online qualifications are not acceptable).
You can contact our Workforce Team here - Ian Martin Steve Davies, Mark Dixon.