With over 250 ECB Foundation I Coaches qualified in Wales during 2021, we now look forward to the launch of the next stage in the Coaching Pathway. The ECB Core Coach (equivalent to Level 2) will be open for bookings this month. Initially, we will be offering 6 courses across Wales between February and May 2022.
Who can apply?
Open to anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket.
This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead player-centred coaching sessions. An ECB Core Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision (including nets). This course is the next step on the coaching pathway above Foundation I.
Who is it aimed at?
The course is aimed at experienced players / developing coaches that wish to offer more advanced coaching to players. Candidates that are interested in booking a place on this course will need to demonstrate they have suitable experience in the game / coaching.
What’s different to the previous Level 2?
There will be many similarities to the Level 2, but some notable changes also.
Removed from previous L2 :
- Requirement for club based supported practice sessions
- Requirement for club based final assessment
- Requirement for First Aid (however, we encourage clubs / organisations to maintain this requirement to manage the safeguarding of their workforce and participants accordingly)
How long is the course?
- 6x online modules (plus Multiple Choice, Safeguarding young Children and DBS)
- 4x day Face to Face (including Face to Face (including 2x assessments)
- cost £300
To find out more
Click here, booking links will also be on this page once live :
If you are unsure which course is right for you / your network, explore the Coaching Pathway here
When can I book?
The ECB Core Coach (equivalent to Level 2) will be open for bookings this month. Initially, we will be offering 6 courses across Wales between February and May 2022.