Celebrating Cricket’s Superstar Volunteers - Nominations Open
The 2022 Cricket Awards are now open for nominations. In Wales, we will have a series of winners across the categories that you see below, leading to a Welsh Cricket Awards Ceremony in early September 2022. From this, the Wales winners will be forwarded to the England & Wales Cricket Board as nominees for its own awards.
Without volunteers to make our game happen and keep it safe and sustained and growing, we have no sport. Please do take the time to nominate the special people at your club. As a reminder of last year's winners in Wales, please see here.
2022 Awards Categories:
- Connecting Communities – A Club or community organisation which has gone above and beyond the call of cricket to support communities/groups coming back to the game we love.
- Inspired to Play – An Individual or group within your club or community organisation going above and beyond to open the game up to new audiences.
- Rising Star Award – Young volunteer making a difference – 11 – 16-year-olds
- Game Changer – Young volunteer (17 – 25-year-olds) making a difference in the game.
- Unsung Hero – Those heroes who impact our game and help us make cricket happen. This could be ground staff, coaches, officials, umpires, or other volunteers.
- Growing the Game – A league volunteer, committee member, or administrator going above and beyond to support clubs and help increase the number of games played.
- Lifetime Achiever – That one individual who has given many years of service to your club or community group you could not do without.
- Cricket Innovator – Someone who has brought new ideas and/or implemented new systems to improve your club or community group.
- SafeHands Award – An individual that has gone above and beyond to create a positive environment for young people to enjoy the game.
- Tackling Climate Change – A club or community organisation that is addressing the threat climate change poses to cricket, by making sustainable changes to operations, adapting their facilities and/or engaging their local community
- Volunteer Grounds Management Team of the Year - To reward and recognise those volunteers who are making a real difference at clubs. Those who are working hard and improving the places where the game is played.
The specific criteria differ within each category, but a minimum standard that all the nominations must show is outlined below:
- Evidence in the nomination form of the criteria having been achieved.
- Evidence that the person has had a positive and sustainable impact on their club/organisation/association.
- A demonstration of the volunteer going ‘beyond the call of duty’ and exceeding expectations for the good of the club / organisation / game of cricket.
- Evidence that the actions of the volunteer have aided the recruitment/retention of players within the game.
- An on-going commitment to the club/organisation/association and its members.
Please start thinking about who deserves particular recognition at your club and then use the form here to submit your application
Send your application to [email protected] by 9am on 1st August 2022