Brian Crockett, the retiring County Deputy Welfare Officer
Cricket Wales, the National Governing Body for junior and senior recreational cricket in Wales wishes to appoint a Deputy County Welfare Officer responsible for the Southern half of Wales.
The voluntary role will involve:
- Answering to and providing support and assistance to the Child Welfare Director (County Welfare Officer) for Cricket Wales
- Deputising for the Child Welfare Director at Board meetings to provide leadership expertise within the area of Child Welfare (including where necessary, attendance at the Junior and Senior Council Meetings)
- Deputising for the Child Welfare Director at Safe Hands Training inputs in the South of Wales
- Establishing and maintaining a close working relationship with the League Welfare Officers throughout Wales in order to ensure minimum standards of welfare standards compliance at club level
- Providing advice and support for Club and League Welfare Officers in regard to education, training, child protection issues and minimum standards
- Attending the Cricket Wales Council for Child Welfare to assist in delivering a consistently high standard of child welfare standards across Welsh cricket
- Liaising with the ECB, Sport Wales, NSPCC, Police, Social Services and other agencies as required.
- Where necessary to attend Child Protection Strategy Meetings
- Managing where appropriate, Child Welfare investigations within Wales, supported by the Child Welfare Director and the ECB.
The skills and experience required for the role include:
- Desirable – Proven professional experience in a related field (e.g. child welfare, social services, teaching, police);
- Essential – Leadership and management skills;- Essential – Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Essential – A passion for ensuring the welfare of children;- Essential – A background/interest in cricket
- Essential – Willingness to research and develop a detailed knowledge of the minimum standards for child welfare, including Safe Hands and Child Safeguarding Training.
For an informal discussion please contact Ieuan Watkins, Child Welfare Director, Cricket Board of Wales on 07971 007431. Applicants should email their CV to [email protected]
by the 11th of August 2013.