NatWest U19 Club T20 Competition &
NatWest National Club Championships U13/U15 (Wales Qualifying
Remuneration by negotiation
- A vacancy has arisen within
Cricket Wales for a Competition Organiser to lead the successful delivery of
both the NatWest U19 Club T20 competition in Wales and the Wales qualifying
rounds for the NatWest National Club Championships U13/U15.
- Cricket Wales is the National
Governing Body for junior and senior recreational cricket in Wales and exists
to lead, inspire and influence the Growth, Quality and Accessibility of Cricket
in Wales. Our vision is ‘Cricket thriving at the heart of Welsh communities’.
- The Competition
Organiser will be
responsible for the successful delivery of both the NatWest U19 Club T20
competition in Wales and the Wales qualifying rounds of the NatWest National
Club Championships U13/U15.
- This is a part-time seasonal role working only a
small number of hours per week between April and September.
- Please find a job description and
- To apply, please forward a CV and covering
letter with an outline of your remuneration expectations to
[email protected] or by post to: Cricket Wales, SWALEC Stadium,
Cardiff, CF11 9XR
date for applications – Friday 10th
Reporting to: Cricket Wales Development Manager
the successful delivery of the NatWest U19 Club T20 competition in Wales and
the Wales qualifying rounds of the NatWest National Club Championships U13/U15.
Responsibilities to support the above outcome:
generate fixtures and monitor fixture completion.
act as the single point of contact for all competition matters.
ensure entrants are aware of and abide by all rules and regulations.
encourage participating teams to ‘Get the Game On’.
5. To ensure participating teams get access to relevant competition
resources e.g. activation packs.
provide general administrative support through Play Cricket.
liaise with key stakeholders, including but not limited to, clubs and
8. To liaise with Cricket Wales head office to ensure integration
with other competitions and activities.
the case of the NatWest U19 T20 competition to encourage clubs to provide the
best possible match day experience. This will include but not be limited to; team
names, coloured clothing, music, PA announcements, match programmes and blast
10. To ensure
pre-season captains' meetings take place and facilitate Cricket Activator
courses to support competition delivery where appropriate.
attend meetings and complete monitoring and other reports as required by
participating funding partners.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Competition Organiser
Reporting to: Cricket Wales
- Recent experience of planning and organising sports
- Planning and organising cricket competitions
- Using Play Cricket
- NatWest U19 T20 Competition
- NatWest National Club Championships U13/U15
- Junior cricket in Wales
- Senior cricket in Wales
- National Cricket Playing Survey
- Transition of young players aged 14
– 25 into senior cricket
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Organisational skills
- Administration skills
- IT competent
- Willingness to work unsociable hours including evenings and
- Full UK Drivers Licence and
access to a vehicle