Trevor receiving his Cricket Wales award from former Chairman, Roger Morris, for being nominated
for an ECB OSCA in 2014
We are sad to announce that on Wednesday, January 25th, Trevor Jones at the age of 74 passed away in Hospital after a battle with illness.
Trevor has devoted his whole life to cricket and cricket organisation/administration.
His dedication to cricket has been resolute and praiseworthy and he has been a colossus in the cricket world of Leagues and Boards for the past 25 years which is outlined below.
- 1989 – 2007 he was Secretary of Swansea Industrial Welfare Cricket League.
- 1990 - 2008, he was Secretary of Landore Cricket Club1998,he became a member of the SWCA Management Committee.
- From 2003 until recently he was appointed Assistant Secretary of the SWCA with responsibility for collecting/collating all 1st/2nd X1 results sheets and League tables.
- He was also on the Umpires Sub –Committee.2003
- He became co-ordinator for West Glamorgan Primary Schools Kwik Cricket in 2004
- Trevor became Secretary of the West Glamorgan Regional Junior Cricket Development Committee, and recently also acted as the treasurer
- 2003-2007 he was Secretary of the Swansea Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers.
- 2008 to recently, he was the ECB ACO Wales Secretary.
- 2005 to recently, he was on the Management Committee of the South Wales Junior Cricket League and was on their Selection and Finance Sub-Committees.
- 2000-2011, he was a Welsh Cricket Association official.
- 2010 to recently, he was the Organiser of Wales final day for the ECB indoor Six- a- Side Competition.
- 2011, Trevor was the Scorer and Committee member of Pontardawe CC.
- In addition to League and Boards, Trevor was a fully qualified umpire in the SWCA; from 1988 to 2010 where he served with distinction usually with his great umpiring partner and friend Dave White.
- In 2014 Trevor deservedly won an OSCA for his services in the Leagues and Boards
Trevor will be sadly missed by all the cricket family and our thought are with his family.
Funeral arrangementswill be advised as soon as they are known.