Tesco Charity Trust Community Awards
Tesco Charity Trust Community Awards Open to Applications (UK)
of between £500 and £2,500 are available to registered charities and
not-for-profit organisations that are based in areas in the UK where
Tesco has stores.
is available to provide practical benefits, such as equipment and
resources for projects that directly benefit either health,
sustainability or opportunities for young people. Projects that may
receive support include the following:
- Health: Improving diets and encouraging healthy eating.
- Involvement in sport and physical activity.
- Opportunities for young people: Education
and training programmes which develop key skill that prepare young
people for work, no matter what career they want to pursue.
- Support to vulnerable, disengaged groups and young people in long term unemployment.
- Learning programmes for young people with disabilities.
- Access to information, skills and opportunities young people need to start successful careers.
- Environmental sustainability: Helping people reduce the amount of food they throw away at home.
- Helping people recycle more or save more energy or water.Local eco initiatives in the community that contribute to global environmental impact.
- Projects that encourage sustainable living.Wildlife conservation projects.The deadline for applications is 24 April 2015.