Clubs & Workforce Development Officer
(28 hours per week- North Wales)
Job Title: Clubs & Workforce Development Officer
Reporting to: Cricket Wales Area Cricket Manager (North Wales)
Direct reports: All Stars Cricket Champions
Hours: 28 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 full time per annum (£17,600 pro rata) plus expenses
Contract: Permanent (subject to partner funding)
Are you passionate about the development of clubs, volunteers and coaches and could your skills make a difference to North Wales Cricket?
Cricket Wales are recruiting a Clubs and Workforce Development Officer in North Wales. We are looking for an organised individual to lead on the Workforce programme and key online systems.
To offer an end-to-end service that develops and supports the cricket Workforce needs of North Wales with a particular focus on identifying and supporting individuals from clubs through the ECB Coach Education process as well as leading on the Young Ambassadors Programme and All Stars Cricket Activator Training Programmes.
To lead on the online systems that underpin the work of the Cricket Wales North team including systems which support core programmes as well as delivering club support as part of the ClubMark accreditation process.
To line manage and coordinate the All Stars Cricket Champions to deliver a programme of work to underpin the All Stars Cricket Programme including a lead role of the data input and compliance of All Stars Cricket.
To work with the Area Cricket Manager, Community Team & Club Support Officers to support the development of healthy and diverse cricket clubs across North Wales. To provide outstanding customer service to the Area cricket network and efficient administrative support to the Area Cricket Manager.
For more information or an informal chat please call Sue Wells (Area Cricket Manager- North Wales) on 07950354764.
To apply please send a CV (of no more than 4 sides of A4 paper) and a covering letter to Sue Wells: [email protected] Closing Date: Monday 22nd January 5pm.
Interviews: Week Commencing 29th January 2018.
Coach Education & Workforce:
· In conjunction with Area Cricket Managers and Club Support Workers, to identify courses needed and individuals, to attend ECB Coach Education courses & Coach Mentoring Courses. This will include Safeguarding and First Aid Courses.
· To book facilities deploy tutors for Coach Education courses and Workshops.
· To plan courses in line with Sport Wales Community Chest Panels. To offer funding advice to potential candidates.
· To manage appropriate budgets
· To promote courses within an Area cricket network and take bookings from individuals
· To plan, coordinate and deliver workforce and volunteer programmes to diversify the Cricket workforce in North Wales.
· To organise course resources in advance.
· To develop and implement a Coach Mentoring programme in North Wales to sustain and develop coaches.
· To undertake all pre-course administration using the CVENT online booking system including chasing of payments.
· To deliver a comprehensive post-course completion service that ensures all candidates complete necessary additional courses and processes e.g. Safeguarding and Protecting Children, DBS certification and First Aid.
· Liase with North Wales Team to coordinate key priority areas.
· To develop links with key partners including new links with colleges, further education and creating formalised links with local universities.
· To ensure all new and existing coaches in an Area become ECBCA members.
Safeguarding and Compliance:
· Coordinate training for Safe Hands courses.
· To keep the North Wales Cricket Wales database as compliant and upto date as possible.
· To work with Club & League Welfare Officers on the roll out of the online DBS system and ongoing compliance.
· In conjunction with Area Cricket Managers and Club Support Officers, to identify the training and development needs of club volunteers (e.g. committees), and to organise appropriate courses and workshops accordingly.
· To develop, coordinate and grow the North Wales Young Cricket Ambassadors Programme.
· To seek sponsorship and financial grants to support the Young Ambassadors Programme.
· Work with the Community Coaching Team to identify a need for Young Activator Courses and plan and deliver accordingly.
· To support local Wales ACO branches in their organisation of Officials courses and workshops.
· To support local Cricket Groundsman’s Associations in their organisation of courses and workshops
· To cover the role of Club Support Officer to deliver the ClubMark Accredidation for clubs including site visits and club development.
· To be the initial point of contact for club development queries directing these to the appropriate team member.
· To work with the Area Cricket Manager, Community Team & Club Support Officers to develop North Wales Cricket Clubs.
All Stars Cricket
· To lead on the online system support of ClubSpark in North Wales to ensure that All Stars Cricket Clubs meet compliance guidelines.
· Lead and plan the All Stars Cricket Activator Course in North Wales alongside the Community Team.
· To manage a team of successful All Stars Cricket Champions to deliver the assembly and school activation programme to support the programme in North Wales.
· To input and lead on the data collection for the All Stars Cricket School Activation Programme for North Wales.
· To lead on the North Wales Clubmark portal to provide support to Club Support Officers and clubs using the online system.
· To lead on the North Wales Views system which supports the Community Coach Team ensuring administration support is offered where required.
· Lead on the Cricket Wales audit work and general systems and insight work in North Wales.
· To provide outstanding customer service to the Area cricket network and efficient administrative support to the Area Cricket Manager including coordinating team meetings, booking and other queries.
· The role will require other duties and projects to be completed as part of the service to be delivered to North Wales Cricket & key delivery partners.
Person Specification: Preferred skills, knowledge and behaviours:
· Experience of working with and developing Sports clubs/Cricket clubs and/or voluntary organisations
· Experience of managing and supporting staff/individuals
· Strong Administration experience including the management & allocation of staff
· Experience of creating and implementing personal development and workforce programmes to develop individuals and clubs
· Highly developed communication and customer service skills in a variety of formats e.g. face to face, phone and e-mail
· Adaptable nature to accommodate flexible working patterns to meet the demands of working with volunteers
· Proven time management and problem solving skills
· Strong IT skills including significant experience of using Microsoft office, excel, online databases and email
· Strong organisational and planning skills
· Project & budget management experience
· Knowledge of the sports development and cricket landscape within Wales
· Experience of working with a National Governing Body for Sport or Sports organisation
· Knowledge of Sports & Cricket Coach Education pathways and processes
· Welsh language speaker
· Sports coaching qualifications.
· Degree within Sports or Sports Development.
· Valid driving licence
· Be subject to an advanced disclosure barring service check
· Willingness to complete First Aid, Safeguarding and appropriate training for the role
· Willingness to work unsociable hours and travel over geographical regions
· Cricket Wales Area Teams
· Tutors, Clubs & volunteers
· Facility providers and leisure centres
· Local Authorities
· ECB, Sport Wales & Key funding partners
Please note that we will only respond to those applicants who have been successful and invited to interview.