Dear cricket supporter,
2013 promises to be an exciting and challenging year for Welsh Cricket.
Last year’s atrocious weather significantly curtailed the recreational and professional playing programme and we are sure you will join us in praying for a significant change of fortune this summer!
Without doubt, a great deal of hard work lies ahead of us as we set out on the journey to raise the profile of Welsh Cricket and improve the on-the-field performances.
Glamorgan Cricket’s performances over recent seasons have been unacceptable and we are working hard to address this and deliver success to our long-standing and loyal supporters.
The relationship between Glamorgan Cricket and Cricket Wales has never been stronger and we are united in our resolve to successfully address these challenges.
Our new strategic alliance includes:
- Having reciprocal representation on each other’s Boards;
- Finalisation of our respective strategic plans with specific emphasis on:
- Improving playing performances;
- Increasing the quantity of talented home grown cricketers;
- Increasing participation levels at both junior and senior level, with increased focus on girls cricket;
- Helping to improve the playing and practice facilities; and
- Delivering an improved pan-Wales community engagement programme.
- Confirmation that two of the showpiece recreational cricket finals (the Gwalia Welsh Cup Final and the South Wales Premier League T20 Finals Day) will be held at the SWALEC Stadium each year;
- Providing the best recreational cricketers with an opportunity to play against professional cricketers on an annual basis (we have arranged 20 and 40 over per side warm up matches against the South Wales Premier League and a North Wales Select X1); and
- Introduction of a Glamorgan Ambassador Programme, aimed at incentivising and financially rewarding Welsh Cricket Clubs (further details will be sent out in advance of the road shows).
In addition to the above, there are several other exciting developments that we want to share with you and with this in mind, we have arranged a series of regional cricket road shows, at which we will provide further information regarding our future plans and will gladly answer any questions you may have.
The road shows will be hosted by ROBERT CROFT and will also be attended by a number of Glamorgan players and coaches including MATTHEW MOTT (Glamorgan Cricket’s Head of Elite Performance) and MARK WALLACE (Glamorgan Cricket Captain), who will be on hand to answer any questions you have in relation to Glamorgan’s playing fortunes.
Further details of the regional road shows are shown below and we look forward to seeing you in the coming months.
Alan Hamer Peter Hybart
Chief Executive – Glamorgan Cricket Chief Executive – Cricket Wales
They are sure to be very interesting, informative and entertaining evenings. The dates are:
Monday 11th Feb Haverfordwest CC
Wednesday 13th Feb Ynystawe CC
Thursday 21st Feb The Stage Suite, Rhayader Leisure Centre
Monday 25th Feb The SWALEC Stadium
Tuesday 26th Feb Croesyceiliog CC
Monday 29th April Mold CC
Tuesday 30th April Bethesda CC
Each session starts at 6.30pm with sandwiches, tea and coffee available from 6pm.