Director of Cricket for Glamorgan CCC
· To prepare and direct the implementation of a strategy which seeks to create ‘best practice’ in all aspects of Glamorgan cricket management in order to achieve sustainable success in each format of the game.
· To be accountable for the recruitment, management and interaction of senior personnel within the Glamorgan cricket department and maintain a succession plan for all these key positions. Of particular importance is the line management of the Head Coach and the monitoring of Glamorgan Team management ensuring that the Head Coach and Glamorgan Captain(s) are providing effective leadership to the Team.
· To be accountable for the recruitment and performance management of players on the Glamorgan professional playing staff.
· To work in conjunction with the Glamorgan Head Coach and Captain in order to create an environment in which players are empowered to prepare and perform to the highest standards of professional cricket on and off the field.
· To consider requests from Glamorgan players to accept invitations to play in any cricketing engagement other than with the Glamorgan Team and ensure appropriate documentation is in place.
· To receive recommendations from the Head Coach for the appointment of Glamorgan Captain(s) for Board approval.
· To be responsible for managing the relationship with the Professional Cricketers Association (PCA) and Player Agents, including negotiations in relation to employment Contracts.
· To lead the establishment and monitoring of individual development plans for every player on the professional playing staff.
· To be responsible for liaising with ECB and other stakeholders in confirming the annual domestic fixture programmes and venues for Glamorgan home matches in conjunction with the head of operations.
· To be accountable for the operations of Glamorgan Teams including, but not limited to, transport, travel and accommodation of Glamorgan Teams and the registration of players.
· To establish and maintain professional development programmes for all coaches working within the within the Glamorgan pathway programme.
· To develop and implement a science and medicine programme which optimises Glamorgan's best players' availability and performance.
· To provide leadership and direction to the head groundsman for the preparation of practice and match surfaces for home venues hosting Glamorgan matches.
· To support the Glamorgan commercial department in delivering sponsorship obligations and building strong relationships with all our commercial partners and other stakeholders in the community.
· To be accountable for the preparation and management of the cricket department budgets.
· To be accountable for the communication of Glamorgan policies and strategic direction to key stakeholders in the game in Wales.
· To provide leadership and direction to the Glamorgan Academy and pathway programmes in order for the next generations of players to consistently deliver successful performances in a winning Glamorgan Team.
· To fulfil cricket operations obligations for hosting international cricket including liaison with ECB or pitch preparation and the provision of net bowlers.
· To attend weekly senior management team meetings and submit reports on activities related to the cricket department to each meeting of the Glamorgan Board.
· To promote the interests of, and assist in, creating a positive image for the Glamorgan Cricket Team in striving to make Wales proud of our performances both on and off the field.
· To prepare media releases on cricket related issues in conjunction with the Media and Marketing Manager and deliver media interviews on strategic cricket issues
Attached here is an application pack – DirectorofCricket
Applications should be submitted to:
Matthew Thomas, Glamorgan CCC, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, CF11 9XR, Telephone; 02920 419 339, Email; [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Wednesday 21st November and interviews will take place w/b Monday 3rd December.