CHAIR – CRICKET WALES SOUTH WEST
VOLUNTARY POSITION WITH EXPENSES
The Cricket Wales Board is looking to appoint a voluntary Chair for Cricket Wales South West, the new Area Board that will predominantly cover the geographical area of Pembrokeshire, south Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire, Swansea and Neath Port Talbot.
The role of Cricket Wales South West will be to strategically co-ordinate all of the leagues, regions and associations within the above area, and to work with the new Area Cricket Manager for South West Wales (Keri Chahal) in driving forward the health of the game.
The skills and experience required of the Chair of Cricket Wales South West include:
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Leadership skills and experience (ideally including within the voluntary sector)
- An ability to build strong relationships with all parts of the game within a complex voluntary environment
- Chairing effective meetings and facilitating constructive debates that lead to action
- A good understanding of cricket development (or an alternative sport/activity)
- The ability to lead the voluntary cricket network alongside professional staff
The successful candidate may come from within cricket or alternatively may be independent of the game, but must have the passion, skills and appropriate experience to connect all parts of the game together, alongside professional staff. The appointment will be for a three-year term with annual reviews.
If you are interested in the role please send your CV (covering cricket and other relevant experience) to [email protected] by Monday 21st November 2016.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Peter Hybart on 07812 191890 or Keri Chahal on 07752 257117.