Community Grants for Rural Areas in Wales
BIG's Rural Programme - Community Grants Opens to Welsh VCSE Groups
The Community Grants scheme is accepting applications from voluntary, community and social enterprise sector (VCSE) organisations aiming to tackle rural poverty in the rural communities (populations of less than 10,000 people) in the Welsh Local Authority areas of: Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Powys, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Monmouthshire.
Approximately £2 million is available in the first round. Grants of between £10,000 and £350,000 are available.
To be successful, Community Grants projects should meet the following outcomes:
- Rural communities are brought together to map the strengths and opportunities within their community.
- Rural communities are empowered to develop their own solutions to address poverty.
- Learning is captured and shared to inform future community development in rural areas.
Projects will need to undertake the following activities:
- Engagement and communications.
- Community development.Evaluation and knowledge sharing.
- Working with the Big Lottery Fund.
Although the programme is mainly for revenue funding which can cover the operating costs of the project as well as a contribution to the organisation's overheads, capital costs of up to 10% of the overall project budget will be considered.
The deadline for Round 1 application is 3 April 2017 (1pm).